So I recently got a Nutribullet and I’ve been playing around with different recipes. I recently made this Vegan Coconut Chocolate Ice Cream breakfast bowl and really wanted to share it on my blog. I made this up myself but throwing random stuff in and testing what works, so if this has similarities to recipes already online than I can assure you it’s purely coincidence. I was going to post a more Christmas themed recipe today to go along with blogmas but due to some difficulties with broken memory cards I couldn’t post the recipe I wanted, so you’re getting this one instead, which is something I had written down for a future blog post. Anyway here we go:
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- half a cup of soya or almond milk (or any on diary milk you desire)
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder (or coco powder)
For topping (optional):
- The night before you plan to make this recipe make sure you cut up 1 and a half bananas up and put them in a bag inside you freezer to freeze overnight.
- When your banana is frozen simple put it inside you blender, along with the cacao powder, peanut butter, soya/almond milk and shredded coconut and blend. Due to the frozen banana it should turn into a thick, cold ice cream like consistency, and thanks to the cacao and the coconut it should have a coconut and chocolate taste to it.
- Pour into a bowl and top with whatever ingredients you want. I lined my bowl with granola first (specifically Dorset Cereals Simply Oat Granola – I’ve been loving this brand at the moment) then I poured in the mixture before topping with strawberries, blueberries, half a banana and raspberries. This is just what I used but you may use whatever toppings you desire.
If you liked this recipe please give it a like and if you try it out please leave me a comment and let me know how it went. And if you want to see more posts like this please give my blog a follow.