LINKS // Eden’s Semilla Vitamin E Oil | 120ml | £12.95 | Amazon
So as of late I’ve been really interested in using more natural products on my skin. After finding out the facial scrub I use is unfortunately tested on animals I decided to branch out and to try and find to find a more natural and of course cruelty free scrub. Whilst searching I was thrown into the world of oils. It turns out there’s a lot of different oils in the world, Lavender, Coconut, Argan, Sunflower, Rose, Raspberry, Almond. Even Cucumber. It all seemed very confusing so I picked a few different ones and tried them out and I intend to review each one in upcoming posts. Whilst I was in my search Eden’s Semilla were generous enough to send me a bottle of their Eden’s Semilla Vitamin E Oil in return for a review. Of course I said yes, how could I not? I’m going through a big oil craze and a lovely company offers to send me a bottle? Couldn’t have come at a better time.
First I want to say I don’t have amazon prime but I received this the morning after I placed my order. Which is just amazing because there’s nothing worse than having to wait around for an amazon order. My first thing I noticed about this product before I had even tried it, was how little packaging it came with. I received a small box, containing the oil and a plastic bag with the dropper inside and this was the only packaging. I love it when companies have very minimal packaging, as lots of complicated ties, boxes and bags are bad for the environment, unnecessarily and just not good in general. The box the oil comes in is yellow with white and gold font and has a small picture on the front showing all the different ingredients involved in the product.
My first impression of the oil itself is that I really hate the smell. But you never judge a product but it’s smell, as someone amazing products smell terrible and some awful products smell fantastic. Saying that the product itself doesn’t feel like oil, it’s so light weight and silky it basically feels like water. I applied this on my face morning and night for two weeks and compared to other oils I’ve used in the past, it doesn’t feel thick or suffocating. It takes a while to set but when it finally does your skin feels very soft and smooth. After two weeks of daily use I will say my skin does feel a lot more hydrated and moisturised. Because I have very dry skin it’s rare my face feels hydrated, so if you’ve got dry skin and find it hard to get moisture on your face like me, you’re really going to want to check this out.
I’m pleased to say this product contains 100% natural ingredients and has the leaping bunny certificate, so we know no bunnies died to make this. The ingredients are: 100% naturally sourced Vitamin E (Safflower / Wheatgerm / Sunflower / Sweet Almond / Apricot / Avocado) Organic Jojoba and Rosehip Oil. Let’s take a look at these ingredients in detail:
- Rosehip oil – Is full of vitamins and antioxidants, is good for getting rid of dark spots, reducing redness, scars and being hydrating for dry and/or itchy skin.
- Organic Jojoba – Is the only oil that resembles our natural oils, works as a natural moisturizer and combats facial scarring and facial lines.
- Safflower oil – Acts as a natural lubricant that prevents water from leaving your skin and locks in moisture for glowing fresh, soft skin.
- Wheatgerm oil – Improves circulation to the skin and the hair, helps hydrate dry or itchy skin.
- Sunflower oil – Improves skin health, regenerates cells, reduces scars and gives the skin a healthy glow.
- Sweet Almond oil – Protects against UV radiation damage, cleans pores, softens skin and battles dark circles.
- Apricot oil – Is anti-aging, soothes irritated skin and works as a natural moisturizer.
- Avocado oil – Prevents inflammations, redness and itchiness, is an affect treatment for acne and blackheads. Is beneficial in diminishing age spots and smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.
All great natural ingredients that have amazing benefits for the skin.
If you’re new to oils, I’d say start with coconut oil or argan oil for you hair and Vitamin E oil for your skin. I’ve use all three and all three are amazing. I’m going to keep using this Vitamin E oil as it’s making my skin feel so nice and will probably continue to purchase more natural oils in the future.
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!